Wayne "Gunny" Harmon (R) for U.S. Congress (IN-7th) 2016
Socialism: A theory or system of social organization that advocates the
vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and
distribution, of capital, land, etc.(Financial Institutions, Chrysler, Fannie
Mae, Freddie Mac, Post Office, Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare), in
the community as a whole.
Economy: Unemployment rate, President gave a cap of 8.0%
Apr 2014; *6.3% (U-6, projected rate of 12.3%),
6.6% (IN), 8.1% (Marion Co.) 6.6% (All Veterans),
21.4%(16-19 y/o), National Debt; $17.5 Trillion (AA+ rating)
We need to reduce everyone tax rate and give the citizens back their
buying power for this economy. This economy is not receiving taxes from
the people who are participating in the underground economy which is
detrimental to this economy.
Fair Tax System should be introduced.
Term Limits: 10 years (5 terms); U.S. House of Representatives
12 years (2 terms); U.S. Senators
Health Care (Insurance): We should look at Rosebud, South
Dakota, Sioux Tribe Reservation and Medicaid to see how the federal
government health care at work.
I would have voted against H.R. 3962 (ObamaCare or ACA).
Now it is time to repeal HR 3962.
The area that we should focus on in HealthCare that would benefit everyone;
1. Private Options
2. Tort Reform (throughout the US)
3. Health Saving Accounts
4. Interstate options for plans
5. Wellness programs through employers
6. Offer the same programs as the federal system
Energy Independence: We should have a portfolio of diverse energy,
which includes; oil, natural gas, coal, solar, wind, tidal turbines and nuclear
(38 states have these plants). We should develop our energy resources to
the point where we can export a portion of our energy and never import.
I would have voted against HR 2454, Cap and Trade Tax bill.
National Defense: "Peace Through Superior Strength and Knowledge"
Everybody knows we have the best military in the world. We are there
now because of our troops being well trained and disciplined. It is the
government responsibility to ensure that our troops have the proper
personnel and logistic support in order to complete their mission. We should
and always support the troops regardless of their deployment and our views.
Israel: Jordan, Syria and Lebanon should donate land for the Palestinian
State. 100% in support of Israel.
The War on Terror: It was laid out in a Presidential speech in December 1998,
for the bases of eliminating Saddam from his leadership. Had we acted on this
in early 1999, we would not have lost the sailors from the USS Cole or the
innocent lives on 9/11.
We are now involved in fighting the Anti-Christian Terrorist throughout the
world. I believe we should give our special forces and operations the
"Green Light" to Terminate the Threat anytime and anywhere.
Please do not forget what happen to us in the 1990's:
1. Feb. 1993, World Trade Center, bombing.
2. April 1993, Assassination attempt on President Bush by
Iraqi Intelligence Service.
3. June 1996, Khubar Towers, bombing, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
4. June 1998, U.S. Embassy, RPG attack, Beirut, Lebanon.
5. Aug. 1998, U.S. Embassies, bombings, Kenya and Tanzania.
6. Oct. 2000, USS Cole, attack, 17 sailors KIAs.
7. Jul 2009, 42 KIAs in Afghanistan.
8. Nov 2009, Maj. Nidal Hasan, murder 13 US Army soldiers at Ft. Hood.
9. Dec 2009, Christmas bomb threat on NW Airline in Michigan.
10. May 2010, Time Square SUV Bomb, Faisal Shahzad was arrested.
11. May 2011, Bin Laden was Terminated by SEAL Team VI
12. May 2012, Fahd al-Quso (Terrorist of the USS Cole) was terminated by a drone.
13. Sep 2012, Benghazi attack, 4 U.S personnel murdered.
14. Apr 2013, Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack.
We need to ensure that the U.S. Embassy's Marine Security Guards are well supplied and
reinforced for their own security.
Education: I spent time at Whiteland Community High School working as an
Instructional Assistant. I was able to observe and participate in the education
system in process with today's teachers and students. The major issues:
1. Let the Teachers teach.
2. Full year school for the students in k-8.
3. Physical Education should be mandatory until they graduate from High
4. Teachers should not have to work at home just to prepare for their class.
5. The School Systems should be monitor by the States (10th amendement and Local
Illegal Immigration: No Amnesty, First and foremost, every country in the
world has the right to know who is or is not in their country. We need to
secure the border either by a Fence or barrier. President Harrison made the
Irish and Italians come through Ellis Island where they were process and
examined prior to landing.
1. After the "Fence" is constructed and maintain by the State and Federal
Government. I would recommend that any new person would have to be
process at the new Ellis Island sub station. The process would include
checking valid passport, fingerprinting, DNA sample and a medical
examination for any preexisting conditions. My recommendation would be
to have two sub stations located at El Paso, Tx and Douglas, AZ.
2. Eliminate the lottery system.
Criminal Justice System: Being involved in the criminal justice system, I have
seen the process in action.
1. The "Fence" from the Immigration debate, would be helpful to Law
Enforcement officials in deterring illegal drugs and activity from going back
and forth across the border. It would control international criminals from
crossing into our country. It would also deter our criminals from evading our
criminal justice system.
2. I have seen drug offenders sentenced longer than some sex offenders.
Once again, the "Fence" would control the sex offenders from coming into
our country and evading.
Life: After seeing death and destruction, I reaffirmed my faith
with Trinity Lutheran Church. I believe that life begins at conception within
the woman. I also believe that a marriage is a holy union and we do not need
to add any complex variables.